- 10 large eggs;
- 5 bacon slices, cut into small chunks;
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced;
- 4 oz. baby spinach leaves;
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced;
- 3 tsp. wholegrain or homemade mustard;
- Fresh basil leaves to taste (for garnishing);
- 1 tbsp. Paleo cooking fat or clarified butter;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Whisk the eggs and mustard in a bowl, and season to taste.
- Heat the cooking fat in an oven-proof skillet over a medium heat. Cook the bacon and onion until the onion is golden (about 5 to 6 minutes).
- Add the spinach to the skillet, and cook for another minute or two or until the spinach wilts.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook until it harden just a little, and place the tomatoes on top.
- Once the frittata is set around the edges but still runny in the center, transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the frittata turns to a nice golden color.
- Sprinkle some basil leaves on top and serve.