• 2 T. Olive Oil
• 6 Chicken Thighs(boneless, skinless)
• Coarse Real Saltand Pepper, to season
• 1 large Sweet Potato, peeled and diced(1/2″ cubes)
• 2 Carrots, Peeled and cut into rounds
• 1 Onion, cut into large slices
• 3 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
• 2 large sprigs Rosemary, chopped(stems removed)
• ½ t. Cinnamon
• ¼ t. Allspice
• ½ t. Coarse Real Salt
• 4 T. Honey
• Juice of ½ a Lemon
• ¼ C. Chicken Broth
• ¼ C. Toasted Almonds
• ¼ C. Dried Cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan to medium high. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with the coarse salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the hot pan and brown well on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the sweet potato, carrots, and onion to the same pan the chicken was cooked in and saute until the vegetables develop some caramelization, about 5-6 minutes on medium/high heat. Add the garlic, rosemary, cinnamon, allspice, and salt, and saute for another minute. Add the chicken back into the pan and pile the vegetables over the tops of the chicken. Add the honey, lemon juice, and chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Cover with an oven-proof lid and finish cooking in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove the lid from the pan and cook an additional 5 minutes in the oven.
4. Remove and garnish with toasted almonds and dried cranberries.