Serves: 2 bowls
• 2 carrots, peeled and grated
• 2 zucchinis (Italian squash), peeled and grated
• 5 eggs
• 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari sauce
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (for cooking in)
• 1 teaspoon ginger powder (optional)
1. Stir-fry the grated carrots and zucchinis in a tablespoon of coconut oil on medium heat. Stir often to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan.
2. Add the other tablespoon of coconut oil to a saucepan on a low to medium heat and crack all 5 eggs into the saucepan. Stir the eggs to break them apart in the pan. Do not whisk the eggs beforehand.
3. Keep stirring the eggs frequently on the low to medium heat to make scrambled eggs.
4. When the eggs are done (i.e., still moist but fairly solid), add salt and pepper to the eggs and take off the heat.
5. Then, add 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari sauce, salt and pepper, and 1 teaspoon ginger powder (optional) to the carrots and zucchinis.
6. Place the carrots and zucchinis into the bottom of a bowl and top with the scrambled eggs.