• 1 Egg
• 1 ½ t. Arrowroot Starch
• ¾ t. Real Salt
• 12 Jumbo shrimp, or 24 small shrimp, deveined, shells removed, and butterflied
• 1 C. Shredded, Unsweetened Dried Coconut
• 4 t. Coconut Flour
• Oil, for frying
• FOR THE SAUCE
• ¾ C. Coconut Milk(canned)
• ¾ C. Crushed Pineapple
• 2 T. Honey
• ¼ t. Real Salt
• 2 t. Arrowroot Starch
• 2 T. Coconut Milk(canned)
1. Beat the egg, arrowroot starch, and ¾ t. salt together in a small bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
2. Add the shrimp to the egg mixture and toss to coat. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, mix together the coconut flour and shredded coconut.
4. Heat about 1” of oil in a high sided frying pan to medium/high.
5. Working one shrimp at a time, shake off any excess egg mixture and bread in the shredded coconut mixture, pressing the coating into the shrimp until well coated. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
6. Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, turning as necessary. Drain on a paper towel.
7. Serve with dipping sauce.
FOR THE SAUCE:
1. Place the ¾ C. coconut milk, crushed pineapple, honey, and salt in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer.
2. Let simmer for about 5 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
3. Mix the arrowroot starch and 2 T. coconut milk together until smooth. Pour the mixture into the simmering sauce, whisking swiftly as you pour, until incorporated. Continue to whisk as mixture thickens.
4. When thickened, remove from heat and serve.