- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil(or oil of choice)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Optional: 2 organic chicken sausages, pre-cooked and sliced
- Optional: 4 pieces nitrate-free bacon, pre-cooked and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté oil and garlic over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add in sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes, or until the potato starts to soften.
- Add in peppers, onion, and tomato and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring often. If you want to reduce the cooking time, cover the pan at this stage until the sweet potato is fork tender.
- Mix in chopped sausage, bacon, salt and pepper and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in fresh spinach, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Remove from heat and serve hot.
- Optional: Top with fresh organic over easy eggs