• 4 cups shredded chicken – I used rotisserie
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• 1 cup chopped celery
• 1 cup sliced red grapes
• 1 apple cored and chopped – I used Granny smith
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• 2-3 tbs finely-chopped shallot or red onion (use more if you like)
Mayo Dressing Ingredients
• 1 egg
• 2/3 cup avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• 1 tsp raw honey
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss all the salad ingredients together in a big bowl
2. To make the dressing, use a immersion blender in a tall container. Mix the egg, oil, lemon juice, mustard and honey. Next salt and pepper to taste. You can add anything you want to this basic mayo – herbs, honey, or whatever!
3. Mix the mayo into your salad – as much or little as you like
4. Eat up!
5. This makes a big bowl of salad, plenty for a party or leftovers!