1 cup Beef Broth
1 head Garlic, cloves un-peeled
1 Onion, chopped
2 Lamb Shanks, medium sized
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
3 sprigs Fresh Oregano
3 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
5 sprigs Fresh Thyme
1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
2. Sear lamb shanks, one at a time, until evenly browned while seasoning with salt
and pepper to taste.
3. After first shank is complete, add the remaining tbsp of coconut oil.
4. Place lamb shanks in a crock pot (slow cooker).
5. Sauté the onion and un-peeled garlic cloves in the skillet for 1–2 minutes, seasoning
with salt and pepper.
6. Cover the lamb shanks with the sautéed garlic and onion.
7. Place the rosemary, thyme sprigs, and oregano in a securely tied piece of cheese
cloth (“bouquet garni”).
8. Place bouquet garni in the crock pot, cover all with 1 cup of beef broth.
9. Slow cook for 3–4 hours on low heat.
10. Serve with onions and garlic on top.